What is Medical Massage?
|Medical Massage Therapy is a result oriented treatment that is specifically directed to resolve conditions that have been diagnosed by a physician. The therapist may use a variety of techniques that work with the intent of improving soft tissue conditions, increase circulation, reduce or eliminate pain and inflammation, restore function, improve flexibility and posture, reduce stress and calm the nervous system.The following are a few of the conditions that can be successfully treated with Medical Massage:
Massage Therapy After Surgery
Therapeutic massage administered by a trained and licensed massage therapist can be a very important part of recovering from your surgery. Studies have shown that when massage is used to complement post surgical recovery it can decrease pain and stimulate the bodies own restorative process.
Massage after surgery can offer the following benefits:
- Increased blood circulation to the tissue delivering oxygen thereby aiding in the healing process
- Reduced development of scar tissue and postsurgical adhesions
- Reduced post-surgical inflammation
- Aid in lymphatic drainage and the removal of toxins from your soft tissue
- Reduced muscle tightness and improved range of motion
- Reduced pain
- Reduced stress and anxiety
Post-surgical massage with a physician’s script may be covered by No Fault, Workers Compensation, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account. Patient discounts are also offered. Check with your insurance company to determine your coverage. Contact a member of our medical spa team at 631-1516 to schedule an appointment.